Thursday, December 18, 2008

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas....

Now that Zach and I have settled in; it was time to pull out the decorations and start feeling "Christmas-y." We went out and got a pretty good bargain on a tree; he had fun hiding in the rows and rows of the make-shift forest. It took me a few days to get the X-mas boxes back out, but I did and we(I) had fun decorating the tree. ( I say we, but he had the most fun taking the ornaments OFF the tree, and throwing my glass 'balls'-or bulbs.) Now the lights are on, and new and old decorations. I actually found one from when I was in Ballet as a kid. I love making new memories with Zach, and starting new traditions that will be forever. This Christmas is seeming to be financially difficult on everyone this year, so we will be writing what everyone else is thankful for. Maybe we will read them after dinner, or maybe not. Maybe we will just read them to ourselves. I am excited to do this. Throughout the year I don't think we take enough time to tell our family what they really mean to us.
We get so wrapped up (pun intended) in gifts, shopping, gift cards, etc; I think we forget what it really is about. Hopefully this year will remind us.

1 comment:

Laura Kae Brandler said...

Glad you are getting into the Christmas spirit, little ones kinda make us do that, don't they? My little one (Jessa) is prompting me to get going on decorating and baking. It's going to be a simple Christmas here too. Can't wait to see the kids when Santa comes on the fire trucks. So glad you are in La Verne.