Sunday, November 30, 2008

They say what doesn't kill will only make you stronger...


But day after day that seems harder and harder to believe. Each day seems like I can't face what letdowns tomorrow will bring. I think for the most part I have been pretty strong. Only letting a tear fall when Zach isn't within arms reach. Each day I think i have cried the last tear only to be reminded that my feelings don't completely shut down. Although I wish I had that power that Bill so easily taps into when needed. I find myself asking the same questions day after day. I feel like at some point I need to wake up from this horrible nightmare and have it all over with . I want to look over in the middle of the night and see him. Why is it that you don't know what you've got til it's gone? 

I know that some day these feelings will be gone. I know it will get easier. I know someday I will be able to think about it without crying, but why does that day seem so far? Every day I carry around so much guilt that we are doing the same thing our parents did to us. I look at Zach and it just kills me. I wish we would have thought clearly about all of this before we acted so childish. 

So, each day I will go on hoping to become stronger than the last;  I don't think I can really take any more low blows. I am already scraping up the pieces as best I can. 

But, more than anything I have Zach. Each day ends with me thanking God, whoever he is, that I have who I gave life to; yet he really breathes the life right back into me. When there seems like there is no end to this mess, he is the one light at the end of the tunnel.  Each night when we say our prayers, I assure him that no matter where we are, no matter what; I will always be here. His mama will always be here. 

You are my baby, and I am your mama. I love you, my ray of light, more that you will ever understand. 

No comments: