Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Abigail Ann Brandler


My dear friend Laurie had her baby girl on Friday. She is the most beautiful and perfect thing. Her labor was very intense, but soon after she had her epidural; baby seemed to literally just slip out. With all that Laurie has been through these past 9 mos, I think God owed it to her.

When I was with her last night I was able to hold A for the first time. It had been a while since I had held a new, new baby. Her hair and face felt like a handful of shaving cream, so soft. Her little painted on lips are just perfect. And her long fingers and toes...almost like a baby birds feet. She is beautiful. It' s amazing that after being a mother yourself; the feelings you have when you hold another.

Laurie is an amazing mother, and a great friend. She is patient, understanding, and unbelievably caring. Her 2 kids are so lucky to have her for them. She would do absolutely anything to protect them and cares for them beyond any ones capabilities I have seen. If more mothers could take a smidgen from her parenting; I don't think we would have half of the worlds problems we have today. I love her very much and feel so lucky that she is in my life; sometimes to remind me that I am the mother of a 2 year old...and RELAX. ( Her exact words, actually.)

3 comments:

mames said...

oooh, i love her name, abby is the loveliest girl name.

pocahontas said...

I'm a bit speechless. It's hard to think of someone who's now so wise, sweet and loving and all grown up, was once my little two year old.

Laura Kae Brandler said...

oh you made me cry! I am so glad Laurie has you for her friend. Thanks for all you have done for her and always being there for her. also, you write so beautifully too.