Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Zach's Costume

Well, since I am the infamous procrastinator , I am just now beginning the sewing of Zach's costume. So far, I have one chap done, and 5 needles later I am beginning on the second chap. Still have the vest and some finishing touches to do. I really can get lost in sewing. I forgot how relaxing, and meditative it is. Even the sound of the machine is soothing. And homemade costumes, blankets, clothes, etc., are just the best. 

It'll be midnight before I get to bed, but today was a great day. I got so much done for the party and really can't wait to see all of our friends and family. (Minus the Brandlers :(   ) Ethan's Bday party is on the same day, but we will be thinking of him. 

I am off to attempt to get at least 5 hours of sleep. I will have to call Laura tomorrow to see what the heck is going on with my machine. ( Laura, if you read this, my bobbin keeps spitting out a bunch of thread and I think that is why my needle is breaking. It's almost like it's getting jammed. Any ideas? I can bring it over if you don't get wat I mean. Thank you! ;)

2 comments:

mames said...

i cannot wait to see it. gotta all you today. sew,mama, sew. oh, when mine does that i take the top head totally out and try rethreading, then i rethread the bobbin.might help.

Laura Kae Brandler said...

Use a new needle and a strong one(like for jeans) if you are going through difficult fabric. Check tension too. Mine is usually good at 4. I am home all day though, no car. Maybe I can help. You could use my machine if yours won't co-operate.
ttfn